1. Banquet is a kind of high-level dining form developed on the basis of ordinary dining. It refers to a grand and formal dining activity held between the guest and the host for the purpose of expressing welcome, Congratulations, thanks, celebrations, etc. it has its own characteristics and different types.
2. Banquet reservation mainly includes two ways: interview and telephone reservation. The procedure of banquet reservation includes warm welcome, careful listening, careful record and polite farewell.
3. The organization preparation before the banquet is the key to the success or failure of the banquet.
4. Chinese banquet service includes reception service, pre meal service, wine filling service, serving service, divided dish service, table service, check-out service, guest service and other links.
5. Western banquet service includes reception service, cocktail service, chair making, top basin, soup, fish dishes, meat dishes, dessert, check-out service, delivery service and other links.
6. There are some similarities between buffet service and cocktail service, including reception service, beverage service, cuisine service, table service, etc.
7. banquet management mainly includes work arrangement and personnel division, organization and inspection of preparatory work, communication and coordination with kitchen, control of banquet process, summary and improvement after banquet, etc.